Sunday, March 18, 2018

I need to update my AT prep updates more frequently, but I haven't gotten into the social media habit, yet.

I need to update my AT prep updates more frequently, but I haven't gotten into the social media habit, yet. I plan to post more background, but here is a brief catch up on many of my recent activities.

Been hiking and walking more, and climbing stairs at work to get back in trim. Attended a "Hiking the AT" session at the local REI store. Setup automatic payments for utilities and local taxes. Updated my glasses and sunglasses for the hike with new progressive prescriptions, the glasses with a Crizal coating (repels water and fingerprints, antireflective/antiglare and UV protection). Upgraded from limited minutes/data to the T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55 phone plan. Made reservations at the hostel in Harpers Ferry. Made an alcohol stove from a tuna can. Purchased a tick removal key and GSI Outdoors 1.1L anodized aluminum boiler and plastic spoon/fork from REI. Purchased the "AT Passport" to collect stamps from participating organizations/businesses along the way.

I'm not inclined to cook on the trail, but I'm giving myself the option. I plan to test the alcohol stove and boiler this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment