Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Quick update:

Quick update:
I made the trip from Millinocket to Wells ME and had a great day visiting friends there, including a visit to a fundraising craft show at the Wells Reserve at Laudholm (https://www.wellsreserve.org).

After an unfortunately extended overnight bus trip to Stamford CT (scheduled arrival 11:30pm, actual 5am), I drove a rented minivan to Graymoor Spiritual Life Center in Garrison NY, then spent the last three days hiking out and back 15+ miles per day and car camping to get to Stormville NY. It's been a damp time on trail, and I met only 4 other hikers the whole time - the northbounders should be well north and southbounders well south by now. This completes the section that I had to skip over on 22 May due to trail closure from storm damage.

I'm at the Countryside Motel overnight, and will drive to Philadelphia to visit another friend on Thursday. I expect to be home on Friday for a week before resuming my hike in the South.
https://www.wellsreserve.org

4 comments:

  1. Geof,
    Glad you are caught up with the north end. Florence could be a nasty storm in the southern Appalachians. Trails could be a mess. Check a couple of sites on ATC to see if GA/NC trails folks have made any posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Porter Morgan Keeping an eye on it. ATC currently reports widespread closures on the AT in affected areas. I'm at home now. Happy I did not get to the trail earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This thing has slowed to a crawl. No idea if it will follow the projected track or not. If it does, I suspect there will be a lot of water and downed trees in the NC/VA mtns. GA trail looks to be okay for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Porter Morgan I may arrive in Atlanta by train after 8am Monday. Let me know by email if you are available to meet up. I have not made a reservation, yet.

    ReplyDelete