Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Quick update:

Quick update:
I arrived at Baxter State Park on Tuesday, shuttled to the Appalachian Trail Lodge in Millinocket ME, then shuttled back this morning to summit Mount Katahdin, the northern terminus of the US Appalachian Trail.

Like the rest of the AT, climbing and descending Katahdin was more difficult than I expected (much more steep rock climbing), but it's done.

I'm taking a day off (zero) in Millinocket on Thursday, then visiting former colleagues and hiking the 25 mile section south of Stormville, New York that was closed when I went through. Then a week at home to get caught up on things before resuming my AT hike northward from Georgia to West Virginia.

BTW, Penguin is finishing her out and back hike on Vermont's Long Trail.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the summitting. Keep us posted when you head south.
    Porter

    ReplyDelete