Sunday, February 24, 2019

I received my copy of the 2018 Appalachian Trail Hikers Yearbook (https://hikeryearbook.com/) this weekend but haven't had time to look at it in detail. However, the photos that I submitted are on pages 38 (Happy Hermit, bottom left corner, summit of Mt Washington on 04 July) and 151 (lower right, summit of Mt Katahdin on 05 September). I meant to submit an "end of hike" photo when I reached Harpers Ferry in December to replace the Katahdin photo, but I forgot and missed the editorial deadline.

Which reminds me - I must scan the print photos that I received at the Appalachian Trail Conservancy Headquarters when I started and ended my hike, and add these to my online photo album. I am organizing my trail photos and working on the captions now.

I found a few folks listed in the yearbook whom I know from the trail. Production, Camo, Wildfire, Glider and 50/50 are there, as are both Peppermints (who summited Katahdin the same time that I did). There is a Penguin, but not the Penguin whom I know. The Woods Hole Hostel and owner Neville has a nice two page spread, and venerable trail maintainer Bob Peoples of Kincora Hostel is also listed. I need to spend more time to see if there are others that I recognize, though several folks that I hiked with are not listed, including Rockdawg, Seabiscuit, OldNSlow, Shirtless, Cinnamon Girl and Wilderness Hawk.

In other news, two Best Buy delivery men removed my very big, heavy and long-dead 2003-vintage 38" widescreen CRT TV on Friday and left a new 55" 4K Smart TV, which I installed that evening. I spent part of last week clearing years of clutter from my living room to make a path to carry out the old set, but I still have a lot of cleaning left to do. At least now I can watch TV while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment