Monday, February 18, 2019

Welcome to my new blog! Every post prior to this is an import from my Google+ profile. I just posted what I believe is my last entry to my Google+ profile as I migrate over to Blogger. If you followed me over from Google+, thank you!

This blog is very much a work in progress. The theme and layout may change several times as I get settled in, but I expect to keep a dark background with light text.

I have several months of Appalachian Trail thru-hike updates left to edit.

You'll note that most of the photos in posts imported at original size, really too big for the blog. I resized and fixed layout of photos in the 21 December 2018 post and may continue to do so in previous posts, or just delete the photos and provide a link for each day to the appropriate album in Google Photos. I did not lose my photos in the Google+ transition, but I do need to weed out duplicates and accidents (thumb, ground, etc) and add captions.

I've been enjoying my time as a new retiree since I finished the trail. It's very nice being able to eat and sleep regularly again! I'm dividing my time between catching up on 2018 TV and movies (On Demand, DVR, RedBox), and walking two miles each way to the movie theater a few times per week (I joined AMC Stubs A-List, https://www.amctheatres.com/amcstubs/alist).

I am also spending at least an hour every weekday in the fitness room and lap pool of the local recreation center to keep some of my hard-earned muscle and avoid gaining too much weight. I started my AT thru-hike at 175 lbs (near maximum healthy weight for a 5' 11" man), ended at 130 lbs (underweight), and am trying to stay at 145 lbs (lower end of healthy weight). It's tough not eating every snack in sight like I did on trail!

I'm also procrastinating on my house clean-up and renovating my master bathroom. Speaking of which, I need to clean up my living room to make room for a new TV being delivered this week.

Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment