Sunday, July 15, 2018

23 June.


23 June.
From: Hikers Welcome hostel, Glencliff NH
To: Hikers Welcome hostel, Glencliff NH
Mileage: 0
Weather: Sunny, mild

A restful zero day at Hikers Welcome hostel.

We were joined by Stealth and StillBill, among many other hikers.

I was worried that my REI shoe order did not arrive at the Post Office (according to the tracking information it had not been delivered), but all of my packages were there! I sorted through the bounce box on the picnic table at the hostel, tried my new shoes (good fit, but probably should have half-sized up as others recommend), and repacked a new bounce box, figuring out how to get my worn but still usable Altra Lone Peaks stuffed in. I decided to take out remaining items that I needed and ship the box home, as I didn't see any need to ship any items forward to myself at this point. The bounce box had fulfilled its purpose.

After dropping the box off at the post office, I spent several hours watching DVDs with others in the common room. I selected one of my favorites, Road to Perdition, which developed a bit of an audience (the movie has an excellent cast and cinematography, though its not well known). The movie ended just as we had to leave for the 5pm shuttle run to the market. I picked up a sub for my evening meal and a breakfast sandwich for the next morning.

I really enjoyed my stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment