Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Quick update: At the Fieldstone Hostel in Rangeley ME.

Quick update: At the Fieldstone Hostel in Rangeley ME. Made the muddy 9.5 miles from Sabbath Day Pond shelter to Maine Route 4 between 7am and noon, eager to start a near-zero mileage day (nero) and resupply in town.

Steve at Hiker Hut on Route 4 drove me into town.

I resupplied at the IGA supermarket up the road, had a nice stir fry dinner at the Blue Orchid in town, walked around a bit, and am now resting at the hostel.

I'll get back on the trail Wednesday afternoon. There are several big mountains to cross before my next town stop at Stratton ME.






2 comments:

  1. Hope you are closing in on kathadin by now. Let me know when you head south. I'll keep in touch as you get closer to GA. Drop me a note at - morganscouts46@windstream.net - and I'll see if we can hook up at Springer in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Porter Morgan Thanks! Will do. I'm in Stratton for another zero day. Penguin is starting the Long Trail tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete