Monday, April 23, 2018

Catch-up 21 April. Followed the thru-hikers out in the morning but they were long gone.


Catch-up 21 April. Followed the thru-hikers out in the morning but they were long gone.

Beautiful hiking day and trail was fairly easy. Reached Route 30 near Fayetteville PA at 2pm, eager to have a real meal at Timbers restaurant just down the road.

The thru-hikers from the morning were just returning from the restaurant on the opposite side of the road and we exchanged waves and greetings.

Timbers is very friendly to hikers! Charge-up, WiFi, hikers logbook, hikers exchange box, and a stamp for my AT Passport.

I ordered the "Trail Mix" (pictured, regular portion, not the hiker double portion)-diced home fries, ham, bacon, sausage topped with two eggs and gravy. Didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating, then I shoveled it in. Mmm! I only wished I had room left for ice cream, but I had a steep climb ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment