Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Got a hotel room in Carlisle PA for the night, and just finished a big meatloaf dinner at the Middlesex Diner...

Got a hotel room in Carlisle PA for the night, and just finished a big meatloaf dinner at the Middlesex Diner (pictured). Can't believe I still had room for a chocolate sundae to top it off!

Picked up my "bounce box" resupply late morning at Boiling Springs PA post office (nearby park pictured) and shipped what I didn't need forward to pick up next week. I probably took out too much, so my pack weight is up.

I'm surprised at how tired I am. Only 13 or so miles, and a lot across relatively flat farm fields (pictured).

Most of the day was rather grey and damp, spitting rain, but I wore my orange poncho/tarp, which kept me dry. Some gunfire near the trail made me glad I was in orange, and hurried me along.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your journal. Glad everything is going well and that you are enjoying your hike.

    ReplyDelete