Monday, April 2, 2018

Thanks to those who are following me as i prepare for my flip-flop thru-hike of the #AppalachianTrail!

Thanks to those who are following me as i prepare for my flip-flop thru-hike of the #AppalachianTrail! Your interest will keep me posting.

Last Saturday, I took advantage of the nice weather here to spray my hiking pants, shirts, Buff (headcover), socks and shoes with Permethrin, a long-lasting insecticide that binds with clothing fibers to kill and repel ticks, mosquitoes, lice and other pests that come in contact.

I also printed a condensed (2 pages per side, double sided) copy of AWOL's Guide from the PDF file I purchased earlier (see https://www.theatguide.com/) - I keep the PDF on my phone as backup, but will carry the pages I need for reference and ship the rest forward to myself with other supplies in a "bounce box."

My mom also gave me two birthday presents that I asked for, rubber tip covers for my hiking poles to protect trail surfaces and accessories for my CamelBack hydration pack (3L water container with hose).

Making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment