Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Quick update:


Quick update:
I arrived at Uncle Johnny's Nolichucky hostel (http://www.unclejohnnys.net) in Erwin TN this morning after a 20 mile hike yesterday. Nice to have a hot shower and clean clothes again.

I took the hostel's midday shuttle into town, had an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet and resupplied at the grocery store. I'm already anticipating the 5pm shuttle, probably for a Mexican dinner, and a morning shuttle for breakfast before I leave.

Either a short 5 mile day tomorrow or a 17 mile day, depending on how early I start. I'm hoping for the latter. The highest shelter on the AT, Roan High Knob at nearly 6200 feet, is coming up soon, but its getting too cold for me to overnight there with my current gear. Also expecting rain (snow?) over the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. michelle anderson Left Kincora hostel, Hampton TN this morning. Expect to be in Damascus VA in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete