Thursday, June 28, 2018

16 June.

16 June.
From: Mountain Meadows Lodge
To: Mountain Meadows Lodge
Mileage: 0
Weather: Sunny, breezy and mild

The lodge provides breakfast at 7:30am, so I joined Grits, Treeline, Stealth, StillBill, and the brother and sister hikers from Cooper shelter. I enjoyed a few rounds of pancakes, bacon, English muffins, fruit, yogurt, and orange juice.

It was a quiet day, as planned. Penguin slept in, but did emerge to eat her mushroom calzone as a late breakfast.

I spent some time in the common room working on a 500 piece Maine lighthouse jigsaw puzzle, then, with a tub of warm soapy water provided by the Assistant Manager, washed my nasty smelling shoes and dried them in the sun with my still damp poncho/tarp. I also relaxed while watching people visit Kent Pond.

I noticed LightenedUp passing by on the AT and called him over. Another hiker at the lodge had found his sitting pad and reunited him with it, to his delight.

For lunch, I ate my leftover pizza and my sausage calzone, reheated in the microwave.

In the late afternoon, Penguin and I walked back to Killington deli. I brought back a Gobbler sandwich (turkey, stuffing and cranberry) to eat at the lodge and a turkey wrap for the trail tomorrow. Penguin picked up a SAP soft drink made from maple syrup (https://sapvt.com) and let me have a taste. We agreed it wasn't bad but interesting.

Stealth, StillBill and another hiker ordered pizza delivery.

Penguin and I also did our laundry.

It was a very pleasant and relaxing stay at a beautiful lodge.



1 comment:

  1. great pictures, Geof! keeping up through Donna....looking forward to celebrating your next big event--whatever it turns out to be!

    ReplyDelete